Tuesday, May 6 is the Pittsburgh Day of Giving, meaning that your donation to the library can go even further to help support our vision of contributing to a strong, vibrant region by boosting community development and fostering self-enrichment.
Donations made through the PittsburghGives site during the Day of Giving will be partially matched by the Pittsburgh Foundation, meaning that your gift can help us provide programs and facilities that enhance learning, wellness and quality of life within and outside the Steel Valley.
Donate May 6 between 6am and Midnight to have your gift be part of the Pittsburgh Day of Giving!
More information about Day of Giving 2014:
- All contributions received through the PittsburghGives (pittsburghgives.org) website between 6am and Midnight will receive a portion of the matching dollars.
- You have the ability to donate to multiple organizations at the same time.
- Credit card gifts only. No gifts from checks, cash, gift card redemptions, or donor-advised fund grants will be eligible for matching funds. Only Visa and MasterCard will be accepted. The credit card processor charges a nominal fee per transaction. The Pittsburgh Foundation does not receive any fees. (Sorry, credit card gift cards, American Express, and Discover will not be accepted.)
- There is no limit to the amount of money you may give to each organization. All donations are for operating support; you cannot designate a specific program.
- Up to the first $1,000 of every gift per donor per organization will be counted towards the match pool. You may make a donation as many organizations as you like – only up to the first $1,000 per donor per organization will count towards the match pool. (For example, give $1,000 to Carnegie Library of Homestead and $1,000 to Rivers of Steel Heritage Corp., both gifts count towards the match pool. Give $2,000 to Carnegie Library of Homestead, only $1,000 counts towards the match pool.)
- Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The credit card charge will display as a donation to “The Pittsburgh Foundation” on the donor’s credit card statement.