On Friday, November 12, 2021, the Carnegie of Homestead will honor the 2020 Steel Valley Hall of Fame and The Campbell Courage Hall of Fame inductees after the postponement of the 2020 event due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the inaugural year for combining these two events into one.
Continue to check this page for more details about
sponsorship and ticket purchases.
We are thrilled to present the 2021 Steel Valley Hall of Fame class and The Campbell Courage Hall of Fame inductees:
- Betty Davis – An American funk and soul singer known for her memorable live performances throughout the world
- 1983 Steel Valley High School Track Team – Melvin Anderson, Clinton Davis, Duane Dutrieuille, Brad Jones, Embrey Williams, Dionne Womack, and Coach Rick Dunmire
- Ed McCallister – Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, UPMC Pittsburgh and community supporter
- “Father Nick” Mastrangelo – St. Therese Parish Priest devoted to community and the youth
- The late Ray Saunders – Young Life Pastor and youth advocate
- Nick Markoff – Former Naval Pilot, teacher, coach, and part of the 1963 Navy Football Team
- Jess Strom – Outstanding athletic accomplishments both as an athlete and as the Women’s Basketball Coach at California University of PA
- George Novak – 2021 Campbell Courage Award recipient – Outstanding Coach and youth advocate
About the Awards
The Steel Valley Hall of Fame began in 2008 as an effort to honor current and former historical and contemporary residents of the Steel Valley who have achieved outstanding accomplishments in the arts, sciences, sports, business, and community service. The 2020 class will be the fourth class inducted into the Steel Valley Hall of Fame.
The Campbell Courage Award began in 2011. This award was started by Bill Campbell in honor of his brother, Jim Campbell. The award honors a local sports individual who made an outstanding contribution to his/her community impacting countless individuals. The Campbell Courage Award was previously housed at the Heinz History Center. Because the Campbell family are natives of Homestead, it brings special meaning and pride to the residents of the Steel Valley to host this prestigious award alongside the Steel Valley Hall of Fame inductees.